With the end of the Feed-in Tariff, the feasibility of Solar PV has come to depend upon ensuring a high on-site usage of the electricity it generates. Ivy Solar’s approach to any project begins with building a comprehensive understanding of the electrical usage profile of your business.

We analyse on-site usage profiles, such as those provided by existing half-hourly meters, using industry-leading solar PV simulation software. Using the best technology allows us to better understand your needs, and means we’re always confident in the solutions we deliver.

Our expert analysis of your business’s consumption profile doesn’t just help you realise the feasibility of a solar PV system; it also highlights other opportunities to reduce your running costs. We are always available to help businesses find innovative ways to keep overheads low.

The ballooning cost of electricity has seen third-party investors and landlords returning to solar PV as a reliable, cost-effective and viable investment opportunity. Power Purchase Agreements allow investors and landlords to turn unused roof and ground space into a safe, green investment.

Warren Services

In August 2020 Warren Services instructed Ivy Solar to design and install a 250kW Solar Photovoltaic system for their facility at Brickfi elds Way. The system consists of 714no 350W Hanwha Q Cell Monocrystalline panels supplying 2 Huawei Sun2000 100KTL M0 inverters. The 250kW installation is estimated to generate 203,920kWh per annum.

The decision to proceed with the 250kW system was based upon careful analysis comparing half hourly electricity consumption for the operation versus simulated solar PV designs. Results from this analysis suggested the operation would consume 165,785kWh (81%) of the annual 203,920kWh generation directly onsite with the remaining 19% being naturally sent to the grid. 165,785kWh represents 29% of the operations annual electricity consumption and an annual saving of £24,941.

Play Video